What's 16 divided by 6?
Sometimes cashiers just will be really nice
Surprising the hell out of you
It's something that will for once make you to smile
Especially when you are blue.
I wanted to document a quick thing that happened a few weeks ago when I was out for coffee with the girls, because I hope I don't ever forget it.
We were at the Tim Horton's near the apartment, and I had only brought enough change for a medium coffee...and pretty much nothing else. But I have a sweet tooth and I wanted something, so I figured I'd go get a timbit. My girlfriends...having a sense of humour...rose to the challenge, giving me 16 pennies, with which I was supposed to buy the timbit. I put up a bit of a fight, feeling stupid...but figured, hell, why not, may as well go get the timbit.
So I walked up to the counter and asked "May I have one chocolate timbit please?" The cashier looked at me like I was crazy. "Is that everything." "Yes, thank you" *smile*. I laid out the pennies in nice neat piles of five, and she handed me a bag with my timbit. I thanked her and walked away, no longer feeling foolish. I did, after all, have a timbit.
When I sat down and opened the bag, to my suprise, there were six timbits in there.
There is still good in this world.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home