Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Friday, March 25, 2005

EngSci Out of Context

So maybe they're not always geeks
(And only one or two are freaks)
Through sometimes I am quick to judge
But please don't hold on me a grudge
Hearing more 'bout all my peers
Taught me that they're not all weird
Even all the ones with nineties
Telling stories over...uh..."pint-ies" <-- sorry, I know that sucked...

...but it's late and I'm the geek, obviously, this having been my first night out since...oh my goodness, I can't even remember. Nope, that's a lie. I know exactly when the last time I went out to a pub was and it was so long ago that I don't want to tell anyone, so I will keep it too myself. Moral of the story is that I am a big nerd who stays home to work a lot. Seriously. Ask John. Big geek.

Today was Nocturne as well as Pav's birthday thing at Peel Pub. Nocturne just went...well...it just went, and I played pretty terribly, but well...that's the way it goes when you sight read like shit and you don't get enough practise time. But Pav's birthday was a totally different story.

I need to write a little background for this: while I was sort of excited about heading out to Pav's birthday thing (I think I started to look foward to it about Tuesday evening or so), I was a little worried because of the people that I knew were going to be there. These were not people I had ever gone out to a bar or pub or whatever out socially before, so I was a little worried about how it would be, what they'd be like in a social setting and that kind of stuff. It's funny when you step out of the people you usually go out with and try some new people.

I knew they were fun people...from what I saw in class. But that's why I was worried, b/c in class there's always something to talk about, ie school. But out there...what if they were really boring? That's the thing. I hate myself when I'm stuck with quiet people. I just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk because I get all uncomfortable and I HATE awkward silences.

But they really surprised me. Some I was not surprised about...there are some people who, right off the bat, you can tell that they're really social. But there were a couple of people there who I had never really talked to...and so hanging out with them for the first time outside of a school setting...well, they're not bad at all. And these guys...man...they tell some wild stories...

So good going guys, I think the verdict is that in general you people are pretty cool. Still nerds, mind you, but pretty cool :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home