Always more left on the plate
Oh please don't hate me
Don't berate me
If by chance I'm through
With first draft essays
Midterm test days
Soon y'all will be too.
That's my disclaimer. I'm going to write something in reference to being done with that stupid paper (at least for now) and about being done midterms, but only because I feel I need to document that type of thing for when I'm old and have nothing better to do than read my own blogs. Riiiight. But if hearing about my midterms makes anyone sick to their stomach (although in all fairness, I had a rough previous two weeks) the last paragraph will not be test related.
Anyways, carrying on...After a straight three days of working on that stupid stupid STUPID final "recommendation" report (and four blogs later, as Tony has pointed out), the first draft was finally completed aroun 11:40 pm last night, 20 minutes before due. It was a good thing I had skipped dinner b/c that would definitely have taken longer than 20 minutes...and that would have been disastrous. Bad news is, I didn't eat breakfast, forgot the lunch I packed, ran 2.5 km this morning, got held up in a meeting till 5pm, got held up in a second meeting till 7 pm, and arrived home about 30 minutes ago. I am now so hungry that I am no longer hungry.
Moral of the story: Don't skip dinner. Disastrous results. Lack of food = Catastrophe.
That being said...(backing up a bit)...even with this essay (sort of) done, it's time to go back and do all the stuff I've ignored for the last four weeks. Like BioEng reading. And Phys Control problem sets and reading. The Controls assignment. Maybe some Circuits, seeing as I've only done 10 problems in total this entire semester. 16 if you count midterms. Busy busy.
So, my second meeting was to plan the 2nd Girls in Engineering Saturday, the follow up to the one I helped organize last year. It will probably be a lot better this year, b/c it won't be as rushed and we have some really good ideas. But, it hit me: what do people think about "women in engineering?" Yesterday I was complaining that my moron Circuits Lab TA ignores me completely and talks only to John-the-lab-partner cause goodness knows that girls can't do circuits. So, in the planning of this event, I thought to myself: do people -- namely, guys -- think that we're just being overly sensitive...or is there really a glass ceiling?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home