Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

My soul thirsts for something more

The sweetest words in all the world
Thrice fell upon my ear
But since that fateful, happy day
Has lapsed more than a year

But sadly now with bated breath
I look under the rim
Amid the "Sorry, try again!"
I'm hating that old Tim.

Okay. I got beef with Tim Horton's.

(Mmmmm...beef...three more days...then it's sweet, sweet meat for me)

So by this time last year, I had already won Roll Up the Rim to Win three times (granted, there was a daily coffee...but whatever...I like the stuff), and Emily also won two or three times. There was actually a day when we both called the win, and we both won. This apartment had more free cookies than we knew what to do with (that's an exaggeration. We both LOVE cookies). But this year, our weekly coffee has yet to produce anything for us. It's so sucky having to read the damned "Try again" and again and again and again. It's like Electronics. You just don't know what's going on behind the scenes. You know there's supposed to be an answer or a prize out there somewhere...it's just too elusive for you. So my decaf went down with a bit of bitterness (and that wasn't just Mr. Aftertaste b/c of the decaf) b/c of the definite lack of winning. My soul wishes for a win.

On the upside, I did get to spend a whole lot of time on the piano today at Hart House. I FINALLY got my Steinway card (three years later) so maybe I'll actually start playing again. Mabel and I were hoping to run through our Yellow River thing, but alas, there was no room with two pianos. So we played around for a bit then we split up. I stayed for another hour and a half or so...which was really nice. It's been so long since I've really played, and I have to say that I miss it entirely. I always said that if I had done it all over again, I would have done my Bachelor of Music. Things may have turned out very different. It's just that I feel like I'm missing something in Engineering that I get through music...expression or something. My soul longs to express itself.

I need to go do my dumb Controls problem set. Then I need to read a crap-load of Bioengineering. Hm...perhaps I shall blog again after Controls. My soul loves to blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home