My two cents on a current happening
No candy shop no lollipop
Don't make me hear that song!
Who's that loser, mic abuser <-- sorry to John, I had to steal it,
You know that shit's just wrong. it was too good to pass up
So I found out something today that was extremely disturbing and I had to (b)log it right away so that in twenty years I'd remember how screwed up teenagers (I don't want to call them part of my generation!) are today. I have found experimental proof. And it's not the lacadaisical attitudes, the prevalent pot-smoking, the sheer stupidity and lack of anything remotely resembling intelligence; neither is it the all-too-common blonde hair dye, nor the even-worse raven-black hair dye, nor the fact that all fourteen-year-old girls seem to be in love with Hayden Christiansen. What I'm talking about is far worse than all these things.
Today is March 20, 2005. According to Billboard.com, the "hottest ringtone" on the charts for the past five weeks is and has been: 50 Cent's "Candy Shop." WTF man.
Dumbest song ever. Really. So dumb that you should download it if you haven't heard it.
I first came in contact with this stupid song when John made me watch the video about a week ago. Actually, in the background of the "music" I could hear a strange wailing which really made the song sound weird(er than it was meant to be). After about 2 minutes, I realized the noise was my neurons screaming as they died.
Second contact: Bahen computer lab, two days later. I was checking my email when I heard a strange digital-sounding (though polyphonic) "melody" coming from a nearby cell phone. I don't know whose it was b/c the remainder of my living neurons screamed and died and I think I fainted.
By they way: if I did badly on last week's midterms -- I blame it on 50 Cent for killing my brain.


2 Comments:
What are you talking about! Candy Shop is the greatest song of all time! Note the lyrical depth, the delicate intertwining of melodic lines, the brilliant contrapuntal dialogue between the male and female voices, the sheer bullshit in everything I just wrote.
What a stupid #$@%er 50 Cent is.
Hm. Maybe I should go download the song, just to see how bad it is. I have extra neurons to spare...
Blegh. I just slept through my morning class. crappit.
Post a Comment
<< Home