On being free from the chains of obligation
Oh simple hope -- how you do flee
When darkness snuffs the light
Then I am chained, no longer free
With naught but dread in sight.
Yes, so...I endured much today. It was one of those rare moments when I could see a light at the end of the tunnel, when suddenly, with one phrase, one single person caused the world as I know it to crash down on me. All hope for the future, for improvement, was extinguished. I could, at that instant, only see the terrible things that time held in store for me, and the only response I had was to sigh, shake my head, and ask:
"What the hell do you mean this isn't the last lab of the semester?!"
Frig. I went into the Electronics lab thinking that this was the last, the final, the culmination of the of the labs...I went in with high hopes, a light heart and a smile on my face. Halfway through the lab, around the time when my opto-coupler decided that it only work at 4kHz instead of at the required 300kHz (and not even that well), a colleague mentioned off-handedly that we didn't need to integrate everything anyways b/c we'd just be back in two weeks.
Shit.
And that's how my dreams were dashed today. Call me melodramatic but I'll be back in the lab in a friggin fortnight.


1 Comments:
To be fair: it wasn't you who said it first. I think.
Post a Comment
<< Home