My Challenge
Where is the ethic and where is the drive
That motivates masses and keeps us alive...
It's not like my solitude is lonely
Nor is my wanting any sign of lacking
But today I am so tired, and the air so heavy
As it weighs down on my consciousness.
I have yet to see the sun today -- that same sun --
Who years ago would shine throughout the warm nights.
And everything around me is against me
Tempting me to take up arms and fight the fight.
But for once, please, allow me this one request
Let me rest.
Let me rest.
Let me sleep and let me dream and for a few fleeting minutes
Let me savour the sweet taste of
My aspirations untainted by experience.
Let me remember how it felt to smile
Before the wind beat my lips into a straight-cut line.
I beg of you: remind me why I am here...
Remind me (if indeed this is the truth) of what awaits me.
And then I shall hold still.
And gripping that hope with both fists, I shall hold fast.
I hear no whisper in my ear, no words of wisdom
Except that song which rises from core of my very being:
"Rise again."
Labels: Writing


1 Comments:
wow. very nice. all too familiar, but at least with your writing something pleasant comes of our suffering.
Post a Comment
<< Home