Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

TV Doctor Eye Candy

We pondered, debated, but couldn't decide
And so to my readers, whose help must provide
To end and resolve this thrilling quandary:
Who is the hottest doctor on TV?

So Mabel and I were discussing tv the other day as we were both procrastinating and stuff...as usual and anyways, the topic of the hottest tv doctor came up. We mentioned a couple of the obvious (I remember George Clooney being pretty popular back in the day, and I'm still a big fan of Zach Braff -- although he's just goofy looking) but eventually we settled on the fact that each of us had a favourite, and while both are okay, we were divided as to who was hotter. I'll present the two candidates:

First, Mabel's choice, Hugh Laurie, star of the tv show HOUSE, M.D. He's the nephrologist super-doctor-genius, Dr. House. He may sound American to you, but don't be fooled, he's British. And yes, yes, that's sarcasm on his voice. He's the abrasive bad boy that Mabel talks about (and I'm pretty sure harbours a secret crush for) if you listen to her talk on any given day.



Then we've got my personal favourite, Patrick Dempsey who plays a neurosurgeon on the amazingly good show Grey's Anatomy. He's sensitive and tries really really hard to make his relationships work and on top of that he's a top notch neurosurgeon. Really. He's good looking and he operates on brains and spines and save lives. Yeah.



So I'm hoping that anyone who reads my blog could take two minutes of their time and help us resolve our dispute by posting a comment and letting me know which of the two you think makes the hotter doctor.

But really...no contest. A nephrologist vs a neurosurgeon? Seriously...kidneys vs brains. So easy. So much hotter. I'm not sure what it is, but I think that since the beginning of time women have always liked the whole tv doctor thing. Maybe it's that combination of smarts and cool-calm-collected and saving lives and hotness. I'm not sure. But anways.

11 Comments:

At November 27, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Em said...

I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, so I can't make a decision..picture wise, your pick is better. But House is just so cool..and the British accent?! DUDE!!!

...Joey was a doctor on Friends, and he was supposed to be super hot!

 
At November 27, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

You know, I've never been a big fan of TV doctors... so.. hmm... your pick is better looking. But House is hilarious. Bonus points for the accent.

I can't decide.

I never really understood the Joey being hot thing either.. he's cute (mostly because he's dumb).

 
At November 27, 2005 11:57 PM, Blogger SGN said...

definitely the dude in the first pic is hotter.


i love boobies.

 
At November 27, 2005 11:58 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 27, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 28, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger Graymond said...

ARGH. damn html. Third time's the charm...

WINNER

addendum: Saigin...Why do you say things like that? do you not want to be a man anymore?

 
At November 28, 2005 2:51 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

hmm...

well John, upon further consideration...maybe you're right.

She is from China after all..

hey! So are you!
PWNED!
gg!!!

 
At November 29, 2005 2:25 PM, Blogger chris said...

it appears as if neither of those shows features any amount of ass kicking, because i don't watch either of them.

therefore, i will go with the second guy, because he looks like he was in n'sync.

that, and mable likes the other guy. and we all know what happens if we agree with mable. she'll go and do something crazy, like rule the world.

 
At November 30, 2005 2:14 AM, Blogger abelianalien said...

oh come ON now...
words can hurt, you know.

AGREE WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE...

and really, sarah, it's not so much of a secret crush o_O

 
At December 01, 2005 4:58 PM, Blogger Desiree said...

Sarah, by far the hottest TV doctor of all time would have to be ER's John Carter! although Alex "how-could-he-do-that-to-Izzy-if-he-weren't-so-hot-I-would-stop-watching-as-a-matter-of-principle" from Gray's is pretty darn cute too. However given the choice between the two you've listed I would have to go with Sheppard. Though I hate to play favorites, neurosurgeons are inifinitely hotter.

 
At December 02, 2005 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

House

 

Post a Comment

<< Home