Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Very Chili Weather

C'est dommage qu'il doive le faire
Et puis, je pleure a mes confreres
Que c'est la meme chose tout le temps
Mais je suis different maintenant

I don't know why this keeps happening to me, whether it's my own stupidity or what, but I keep on getting chili in my eye.

I like chili a lot, and I truly enjoy spicifying my food, so I have a whole bottle of dried chili peppers, harvested from my dad's pepper plant. They're HOT. Like so hot that when you say "hot" you have to put the emphasis on the h. Like hhhhhhhhhott. You know how it sounds.

Anyways, I have this history of getting junk in my eye. Last year I was cooking dinner (and forgot to take out my contacts) and halfway through while whatever it was I was making was simmering on the stove I decided to take out my contacts. You know how after chopping garlic, you can't really get the smell off of your fingers? And this must imply that there's garlic junk on your fingers. Yeah. In my eye. Quite the burning. About a month later, same thing, but with a chili pepper.

Last week I was making chili and decided to add a pepper. My contacts were out, everything was good. Washed my hands several times after cooking and eating. FOUR HOURS LATER, I'm reading, lying on my bed and (on account of the allergies) my right eye starts to itch. I itch it. Then it feels like it's on fire. For the next hour, my vision in that eye was blurry.

This week I was making curry and decided to add a pepper. My contacts were out, everything was good. Washed my hands several times after cooking and eating. Made sure not to touch eyes. Went to bed. Washed hands in morning. Tried to put right contact in in the morning. Burning...yet again. Had to throw the lens away.

Such potent peppers man. But I think I've finally learned my lesson, after four crap-in-my-eye situations, and I'll be wearing gloves next time I cook with the vengeful peppers.

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2005 10:20 AM, Blogger Andeeeeeeeee said...

I had the same damn experience with your peppers =] except i scratched just underneath my nose. and it was on fire...i shall blog about my experience latah =]

 
At October 01, 2005 12:31 AM, Blogger SGN said...

hmmm...how can i put this;

if you're a guy and handled chili peppers, not only should you wash your hands after, but also BEFORE you go number #1 ;)

just trust me on this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home