Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ole!

Flamenco flamenco flamenco
Oh what in the hell rhymes with flamenco?
Flamenco!

So John took me to the restaurant Flamenco last Friday for my belated birthday dinner. Incredible. I wish I had taken pictures of the place because it was just the coolest restaurant I've ever been to and I'd recommend it to anyone.

It was a tapas bar and we had all sorts of neat things to eat:
(1) Phyllo pastries stuffed with cheese and a type of meat I can neither pronounce nor spell
(2) Shrimps in chocolate sauce (oh yeah, that's right)
(3) Mussels with bacon and beer
(4) Ostrich (tastes like...beef)
(5) Grilled sirloin...aka beef perfection complete with three sauces
(6) Duck in pear confit (amazing...i think the meat melted on my tongue)

To top it all off, there was a show. Dinner and show. Flamenco dancing, coolest thing, I now want to run out and go learn how to use those finger clapper thingies.

Anyways, the purpose of this post is to thank my wonderful boyfriend for the thought and planning that went into this dinner :) And to document it that this was the best night out EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home