Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Friday, November 11, 2005

A Small Victory

I'm choosing my pathway will all due precision
Chasing the challenge wherever I can
With all information I've made my decision
And pushing on forward I'll follow this plan

Chris has so graciously reminded me (via txt msging) that my blog is horribly out of date. Not that I have any work or anything, but I figured I can't ignore the blog any longer.

Since I've now signed the papers I guess I can share with my small corner of the world (i.e. the set of people which my blog reachers) that I've accepted a full time permanent job for next year.


The last month, as far as the job search goes, has been somewhat tumultuous, a veritable roller coaster of highs and lows, of excitement and fear and all that stuff. In the last two weeks though, that's changed. I've spent all of my job searching time over the last two weeks with one company only, going out for dinners, drinks, and social events (even a hockey game) to get to know the other employees and find out if this is really the life for me.

The thing is, the people were great, and the job sounds like fun. I'm excited to be starting next year. And I think it will be a great experience. I think it takes time to really decide if a company is for you, and you can probably never really know until you're working there, but from what I've seen, my decision to take the job has become that much easier.

If you're interested in knowing the company, email me, I'll tell you all about it...but for now, I guess all I can say is that it looks like I'm getting into the world of business. Not that I'll ever leave engineering behind. I don't think that's possible. It'd be like rewiring all of my circuits, like burning every bridge I've built, taking the steam out of my engines, causing an imbalance in my internal chemistry, and long story short, I'm not programmed to do that. Haha.

Anyways...I'm excited to be stepping out. Well maybe not right now...but in a few months.

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2005 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, congrats on the job. I'll call/email you to find out what it is.

I just wanna say that I *love* your writing: "It'd be like rewiring all of my circuits, like burning every bridge I've built, taking the steam out of my engines, causing an imbalance in my internal chemistry, and long story short, I'm not programmed to do that."

Your writing gets me every time, whether it's the rhymes or clever puns or some other delightful use of language, I absolutely love it. It's rare, especially within the walls of the BO-ridden engineering buildings.

 
At November 14, 2005 12:12 AM, Blogger chris said...

congrats sarah!

 
At November 15, 2005 12:16 AM, Blogger SGN said...

congratulations sarah! ill see ya on the otherside :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home