Glory Days of Yore
I did attempt (I really did) to think of something funny
Or come up with an anecdote that's strange or sweet as honey
But creativity has failed and thus I'll tap the magic
And way in line with prior posts, I'm really quite nostalgic
My dad sent me a photo by email yesterday. I'm not really sure why, but it showed up in my inbox. Made me really start to think about what it means to graduate. I have no plans to move out of home any time soon (and this statement is meant to clarify any accusations made by Andy about prospective knot-tying) but it will happen, sooner rather than later. And I was thinking about that the other day, because of something that Andy once said to me (recounted below), and then again, because I just read his latest blog-post.
He once said to me that I should be thankful every time that I go home. Every time that I walk into the house where my parents, my brothers and I live, I should be thankful and cherish this time, because things are never the same once people move out. And since he's told me that, I've thought on it a lot.
And then I read his post about going home. And it really hit me hard, because I had just written my own post about being excited about getting a job. Anyways, I do have a point, somewhere...but I guess what I'm trying to say is that...actually I have no idea what I'm trying to say except that that these are the best days. Living at home with family AND downtown with friends AND no less than four houses away from my boyfriend who lives with my favourite philosopher. I can't really ask for more.

So here's the picture that sparked it: taken in Hawaii in 1998, on the North Shore of Oahu. My brothers were so small...all shorter than me back then. I'm shorter too, barely taller than my mom (I must have been Emily's height).
My mom commented on the email thread too. She called my brothers cute. And said that I was pretty chubby back then. Haha...yeah, still cherishing.


2 Comments:
I'm not your favourite philosopher?
I see how it is...
Very warm words indeed - Sarah Hugh =] I haven't had a public warm fuzzy...ever!
So thank you. Not just for your kind words in your recent post - but for being around and doing all the torch bearing that you do - whether it be shedding light on bioelec, or life =]
Or instead of torch bearing...shall i say beacon? =P
Post a Comment
<< Home