I guess that's why we need perspective
I was mad but anger cooled
When a comment had me schooled.
Alright, I suppose that's why posting should not be done while angry. 'Tis true, Andy, my good man, it's true. These are the best days of our life. I have not forgotten, no matter what it is that I say.
Every time I do something in the apartment these days, it's with a little twinge of nostalgia, knowing that this could be the last time (or one of the last times) I do whatever it is I'm doing. Like last night, down on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathtub with green apple Mr. Clean I thought, "This could be the last time I clean this tub..." and I started laughing. Partly because it was a strange thing to reminisce about, and partly because Em and I love living here and I love having Emily as my roommate. We've already got dibs on living with each other after we both graduate (if she's not married to Chiachi and pregnant with her second baby by then) and I promised to go to her Iron Ring Ceremony. But it's still a little sad.
On the other hand, change is not necessarily a bad thing. I used to be scared, nay, terrified of stuff changing on my but these days my attitude has totally changed, and I've adopted more of a "bring it on" outlook. I'm excited about the things I'll get to do in the future, the people I'll meet, the people I'll keep in touch with, the reminiscing, the living the dream, and everything that comes with it.
I sucked at keeping in contact with high school, Laval, Page Programme, and elementary school people, but for the most part, I still email the really important ones. And I'm not lying when I say that pretty much everyone I've met in university has had a real and important impact in my life and I'd be stupid to lose that contact.
I'm excited about going to Tim Horton's with the girls when I'm 40 and we FINALLY win Roll up the Rim to Win. Mabel wins a Build-Your-Own-Laser kit and gives it to Em's kid to play with b/c Mabel's already discovered something cooler. Peggy wins a hydrogen-powered BBQ and teaches Raymond how to use it. Emily wins an Envoy after 20 years of trying. And I win a muffin but I don't care because I finally won.
That said, I think I better go study Circuits b/c those coffees don't buy themselves. You gotta earn the money. And you gotta earn the degree to earn the money. And I want the coffees.


2 Comments:
aww, Sarah. Reminiscing already?? You (are/are getting)old, my friend...
But yeah, I've actally been thinking/worried about that recently as well - so I've posted a slightly less PC vision for the future >;D
Awwww, I love living with you too! I'm excited about our future accomodations...I foresee a condo or a loft of some sort, decorated with IKEA furniture. Oh, the life of the rich and famous. OK. Maybe not rich. And maybe not famous. But it will be THE life!
Post a Comment
<< Home