Pottery and Failed Resolutions
I've done it again, with a vengeance you see
It may very well flounder eventually
But try as I might, with a firm heart ahead
And pepper this journey with visuals as I tread
I've done it again, I think, for the fifth (maybe sixth) year in a row. Yeah, so I first decided that I wouldn't make any new year's resolutions because (a) i think New Year's is cheesy, (b) I can never think of any good resolutions, (c) I'm somewhat disenchanted by the entire idea of setting resolutions once a year because you sucked the previous year, and (d) I know that my track record with making resolutions really stinks.
So I decided to make a resolution for this year anyways, and it was...drum roll please...to take more pictures. Now, those of you who have known me for several years now know that this is nothing new. In fact, any one who knows me from high school (and the very few from elementary school) know that that this resolution is one I have made each year, every year, for several years now. I go through picture-frenzy stages where I actually keep to my resolution...but long story short it always ends with me lamenting sometime in December that I have no pictures and then in January I'll resolve to take more pictures again.
But this year, o-ho, will be different. I am SO going to take more pictures this year.
Call me crazy, but I believe that I've changed enough to actually appreciate the value of time (as opposed to time value...oh, SNAP!) and as I am getting older and more jaded and less hot by the second, I had better start taking pictures maintenant. And so I shall.
That being said...
My first really exciting two events of this year went by without taking any pictures whatsoever. Wait, make that three. New Year's, at John's new place, I forgot my camera. Had a great time, discovered a new vintner of Pinot Grigio that was agreeable, saw a bunch of people I hadn't in a while...but no pictures. Andy, if you have pictures, could you please send them to me, via email? I think you had a camera.
Second event...Mabel had the girls over for a sleepover last weekend. Super fun, finally the four of us have been able to hang out not worrying about time deadlines and stupidness for the first time in a really long time. We chatted, chatted, chatted, and then talked. It was awesome, only I forgot my camera. Right. So...Peggy, if you've got waxing day pictures from last year, or Emily...could you send them to me? Thanks.
Third event was this Friday, two days ago, when Emily and I went for a pottery workshop at the Ceramics Museum on University Ave across from the ROM. SOOOOO much fun, both of us were making bowls on the pottery wheels, it took each of us three tries before actually making a bowl that didn't collapse, get a finger poked through it, or get flattened inadvertently into a plate-like thing. So much fun -- we both decided to fire our super-lopsided bowls, but it was an awesome experience, and hopefully we'll get to do it again sometime. It was also good to reconnect with Emily; it's weird to go from living with someone for two years, to barely seeing each other, and it was nice. I did, however, bring my camera on Friday. Unfortunately, I got caught up in potterying and talking, and didn't take any photos.
Don't worry, I'm bringing it to Boston this week.
Which brings me to my last point. I recently heard the REM cover of the song Mad World. Beautiful. If there are any REM fans out there, go and find that song, because it's positively amazing, and might make it on to the soundtrack of my life. Absolutely incredible song, I'll be listening to it all week. You should too.


2 Comments:
no pictures...peggy tso has the pix...and she put them up... =] I think John has the website in his email...
do some work, andy...get me those pictures, pleases!
Post a Comment
<< Home