Are People Generally Mean?
I don't understand how they all could've lost it
It's simple and learned from the time that we're small
It's time that we're nice, take your heart and defrost it
Cause baby, I'm saying they're not nice at all
So here's a complaining post for all y'all, cause I know you've been missing them. And yes, I'm doing this at work. Mostly because I am currently a little pissed off. Which I think is fair, given the circumstances. Also the reason why I don't put my company or my name on my blog, and why my blog is delisted, but whatever.
Huff.
So most of my office buddies are away attending a kickoff at some unnamed location in the US yesterday and today. They're the people I get along best with, but I like to think I get along with most everyone. The rest of the background is that I eat lunch everyday with my colleagues in our lunchroom.
I went around to one of the other people (let's call her Lilly) to ask if she wanted to get lunch around noon. She said that she'd go in about fifteen minutes because the higher person she's working with would be ready then. Fine, I said, just let me know.
45 minutes pass, which is fine, because in this business, things often come up and lunch is often delayed. Another 15 minutes later, turns out that the higher person has to go for a lunch for some reason, and invites Lila to go along with her. Lilly knows that I'm still waiting and that I haven't eaten because 5 minutes prior she had come over to find out if I had eaten on my own (which I hadn't). Long story short, she says nothing about me not having eaten, goes with the group to eat and totally abandons me without saying a damn thing.
Pretty cold-hearted, wouldn't ya say?
Anyways, it just made me think, because I thought that people were generally nice, especially Canadians. However, she's a bit of a hick, so maybe that's normal. My point is that I'm starting to think that people are not very nice, and will just blow you off because they get a free lunch at a nice restaurant.
I miss engineers. Low maintenance and reliable as pie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home