Wickedly Wonderful
Not often do I stop to ponder the arts
And deservedly so I took in a performance
Three hours of edge-of-seat half in the dark
And full of my smiling and utter enjoyment
I saw Wicked last night and let me tell you, it was really something. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really like musicals (I was one of the three people in Toronto who wasn't a huge fan of the Lion King). But Wicked was, well, wicked.
I've read half of the book (had to return it before I was able to finish) and it was actually really intresting to see how the two approaches to the story were so different. In typical Broadway style, the musical is much more family friendly, funny, and lighter on the social commentary, but the music and lyrics were brilliant. The performances were excellent, and man those performers could sing. Overall quality of the show was just astounding.
I got hold of the soundtrack this morning, and while I still like the songs, it was slightly disappointing because it's the original Broadway cast, and I really enjoyed the Toronto cast.
LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home