What I learned today
Life's lessons are ones that are learned out of school
That make us to wonder and are soul searching's fuel.
Even though I was studying hard for Physiological Controls and not-so-hard for Circuits today, I did learn a couple of things outside of the books. It's interesting to hear what other people have to say, because they can really teach you things that you can't learn from a text. It's a really wonderful thing to have the perspective of another person. So here's a summary of what I learned today, and the teachers who taught me.
(1) Geek Speak (c/o Raymond): I finally learned what that stupid thing "pwned" meant. Turns out I had be pronouncing it all strange-like -- something like "pwoond." Which Ray pointed out was wrong, before calling himself l33t and telling me to ph34r him or something stupid like that. I refuse to feel dumb for not knowing this one though -- I am not a geek. Unlike some people.
(2) Phasic Delay of Excrement (c/o John and Raymond): These two were discussing something and they seemed very serious so I made the large mistake of asking them what they were talking about. Apparently, after some back-and-forthing, they decided that one "cannot pee and poo at the exact same time, but doing one always encourages the doing of the other." Right.
(3) Don't Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch (c/o Mabel): Mabel wanted to show us all up by jumping over a chain barrier because everyone had taken the time to walk around. She yelled a triumphant "ha!" and proceeded to trip on the chain and drop what she was holding. Thanks for the lesson Mabel.
(4) Non Standard Logarithmic Values (c/o Peggy): Peggy has informed me that through her research on the PhysioControl website, our TA the moron has decided that log(1) = -1. Adjust all tables accordingly and please ignore calculator output if it tells you that the values of this logarithm is zero. It's just plain wrong.
(5) Don't Look Stupid When Strangers Are Looking At You (c/o the guy at the computer terminal adjacent to mine): This guy is as I type jumping up and down on one foot. Now he's stretching his quadriceps, not unlike the way BigBlueJacket did in class in second year before I shot him a sideways glance and he stopped.
There you go. Hopefully, everyone out there has learned some things today that meet or exceed the quality of what I have learned.


2 Comments:
oh sarah, you scare me. i think your parents need to go over this document with you: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/children/kidtalk.mspx
you WISH you were as skilled as me
Post a Comment
<< Home