Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Smoke Detector: 3, Me: infinity

Mess with this and you will see, watch
Me destroy it, take that, biatch!

That's right. I have finally conquered the bane of my (our -- Emily and mine) existence. That loud, annoying, high-pitched smoke detector. That's right, today marks the end of the incessant beeping for no reason. No more will we have to deal with opening ovens and BEEP BEEP BEEP, or boiling water and BEEP BEEP BEEP, or frying eggs and BEEP BEEP BEEP, or toasting English muffins and BEEP BEEP BEEP. Today marks the end.

I was about to bake something...so I turned on the oven and was waiting for it to warm up. Then for no reason, totally unprovoked, that stupid fixture right above our stove (why is it right above our stove, you may ask. We don't know...it just is) starts beeping away. I fanned and it stopped. Then it beeped again. I fanned, and it stopped. Then my brilliant roommate told me to just take out the batteries. I went to go get a chair to stand on, she held it in place for me, and I climbed up on it, and was looking for instructions on how to open the damn thing. Then, it realizing my plan and panicking, it BEEP BEEP BEEPed, but for the last time. I twisted and yanked and out it came. It's now sitting in a corner of my room, all cold and alone. That's right. That's what happens when you mess with Emilarah.

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2005 9:54 PM, Blogger abelianalien said...

Congratulations. I'm proud of you, and of the fact that you've conquered your enemy after 2 years of hard-fought battles. o_O

 
At April 11, 2005 2:44 PM, Blogger Em said...

Nono, the war started THIS year...possible last semester? The original smoke detector mysteriously disappeared over the summer...or before the summer even started. It was having battery troubles and was dying a slow death in May last year, so we decided to help it along by removing the battery (or maybe the entire smoke detector...we forget).

This is smoke detector version 2.0. And it is also dead. BAAHHAHAHAH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home