Things I learned in the classroom
Verily I must admit to the mass
That I am attempting a bit of procras-
tination, And though I know that it sounds crass:
I don't really care just as long as a I pass
This course: where Controls and Physio meet
O! To compensate feedback in bio -- so sweet!
But this course has been bad, and kept empty my seat
Cause the TA's bipolar and prof spells "secret" (pronounced "secrete")
Disappointed am I in this course, you can see
And ever pissed off at this university
That they could extrude such an exorbitant fee
And yet keep our classes oh-so quality-free.
In light of the fact that I have to write my Phys Control exam in a couple of hours, I have decided that it would be much better to blog than to study. Blah, I figure that I'd rather go in feeling relaxed instead of trying to cram stuff at the last minute and feeling like I know nothing. Plus, I'm just plain tired of this subject. And since I feel like Circuits has felt the brunt of my wrath over the course of me having this blog...I thought that for the biomeds out there, that I could pay some inverse tribute to this class.
Firstly, I stole the bipolar comment from Kai. But it's true. This woman is definitely bipolar. One minute she's fine, the next she's screaming at us for being late to class (wait -- am I in grade 10 again?!). The same woman who is always tardy. I hate that.
Mind you, this is also the same woman who thinks that log(1)=-1, and PID controllers are "neat." And wait till you hear how she tried to teach about Nyquist stability. Something about drawing the nyquist curve (ok), and then drawing a vector from the origin to the critical point (ok...) and then attaching a bead to the end of this vector (uh...), and oh she forgot to mention that the vector has to cut the nyquist curve at least twice (right...but...) and then if you rotate the vector (um...) and pretend you're the bead (wait--) then which way do you turn?
I think the answer to that is a big giant UHHHH....
And I know this is shallow but her pants are annoying because they're too short for her heeled shoes. And her hair swooshes. Did I mention she's blonde?
The prof on the other hand is amazing. He can't spell for shit (as mentioned above "secret"="secrete") but he's from eastern Europe somewhere so we won't penalize him for that. But his stories! Man are they funny. He was trying to describe muscle efferents or something...and he decided to use a "man in a speedo" as an example. Because you can stimulate your muscles to do different things, he figured he'd come up with different muscle cases.
Case 1: Speedo Case. You're a man walking on a beach wearing a speedo. A beautiful Sicilian woman walks up and you tighten your ass muscles.
Case 2: Chair Case. You're sitting on a chair. How do your ass muscles feel?
The best part of this story was that he started strutting around the classroom pretending he was wearing a speedo. But he did add a disclaimer at the end of this example: "if you're north american, then maybe the speedo case won't get you the girl. People here just think you're homosexual if you're wearing a speedo. Although...if you go that way...I'm not judging...you could try it. It's positive space here. And anyways...that might be a lot of fun in a different way."
What a guy. But the course was still bad. It has potential, but it needs a heck of a lot of work. But I'm glad this course is almost over because it's been really really really really really REALLY bad. Other than the speedo thing. And something about "Russians in migs with a Chinese flag." But I don't remember what that had to do with Physio.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home