Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Ring ring -- lab's done!

The happiest day of my life was today
And now I deserve to just chill and to play.

Today was the last day of Circuits labs. Ha. Bet you were all glad because I haven't complained about this class in a while. Well, I'm bringing it back. With a bit of a twist.

No more Circuits labs! Plus, our optical telephone "worked." Ahem...depends on your definition though. Because it wasn't really so optical. Two weeks ago I spent two and a half freaking hours getting the stupid optocoupler working (which it did) and then for some reason it just wasn't working today so instead of giving us discrete pulses at like 3kHz for some reason it was spitting out 4Vdc. Dumb ass piece of crap. So, using our engineering knowledge, China and I did what only engineers can do: bypassed it. We just ran a wire around the optocrapper. So...by now it's more of just a "telephone." Only...we couldn't get the microphone to work. The speaker worked just fine, but we had to use a generated sinusoidal input. So...now's it's more of just an... "elepho" b/c I guess it's not really a telephone if it can't accept audio input. But whatever, the TA was nice and gave us a 10/10 anyways, so I'm not complaining.

Yay for our...elepho...

1 Comments:

At April 04, 2005 5:11 PM, Blogger chris said...

wait a second... i knew your mic didn't work BUT A WIRE!? HOW CHEAP IS THAT!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home