Orange can get you in trouble
My favourite colour to wear is orange
I've many a shirt in that hue in storage
But looks oh so often are quite deceiving
And had me on Friday not quite believing.
The strangest thing happened on Friday while I was at Princess Margaret volunteering. So you know, it starts off fairly normal, blah blah blah signing in patients for their CT scans, feeding them barium solutions and just chatting, you know...the usual. And then these two men and a woman walk in. I noticed one of the men and the woman first. They were both wearing these navy blue suits and it was weird because it looked as if their clothes were matching. But you know, it's Toronto, people around here can be weird and matching and whatever (ahem, Theme Week, ahem) so whatever. But the other man that walked in with them was wearing an outfit that was completely orange. Oh, it was awesome! I'm sitting there, staring at the awesomeness of his bright orange apparel and he asks me if he can check in for his scan. I asked him for his health and hospital cards and he hands me them. With both hands. And in this respect he really had no choice, because his hands were handcuffed together. The guy was a criminal. And that's why he was wearing bright orange. And his escorts -- they were police escorts. And everyone else in the waiting room, including the receptionist is acting like this is so normal, that a convict shows up every day in here. I just sat there with my mouth open.
So I learned one thing on Friday: the colour I love wearing is the same colour that apparently criminals are clad in. And I thought that was only in movies. Shows me.


1 Comments:
WTF orange is MY favourite colour!
Post a Comment
<< Home