Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My New Fantasy

Sitting with my laptop early on a Sunday morn
Wishing I were confident and not so damn forlorn
All my training all my learning won't help me keep my cool
Cause I know just 'bout next to nothing in this hockey pool

So as we speak, I'm drafting in a fantasy hockey league.

Yeah.

Pulled over to the dark side by one John Ye.

Next thing you know, I'll be a dragonboater.

I don't know what to say about it other than I really want to play Settlers. But the draft is going on, and apparently I'm supposed to be paying attention. But in all fairness, I really don't know what's going on, and I'm totally relying on John's hockey knowledge, so the extent of my participation is something like, oh who should I pick, john answers, yeah?, okay, point, click, drafted.

But I have apparently made some good picks, so I suppose we'll see.

And maybe this hockey thing will go amazing and make a super fan out of me. Maybe I'll be talking about hockey all season, so much so that you won't be able to get me to shut up about it, and all these great players, and then starting making push up bets as to who's going to make the playoffs. And maybe I'll win the league and beat all their asses at their own game.

Yeah. And maybe I'll start my own dragon boat team.

:)

2 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hockey pool?? you should stick to knitting, sarah.


ohhhhhhhhhh, diss!


j/k, i hope you win.

and if you ever join a golf pool, all you have to know is this: pick Tiger Woods.

 
At October 04, 2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Em said...

DUDES! wanna join my dragonboat team?

...we can talk hockey together...some guy in Chiachi's league is offering me ripoff trades (they're ripoffs according to Chach..it's not like I know that much about all these players in the first place). Little does he know that I have plenty of knowledgable contacts who tell me not to accept

 

Post a Comment

<< Home