From here to there...and back again
In where we are, this life-o-rama
It's just no fun without the drama
So we complain and moan and sigh
So we can dream up to the sky
I've decided that I am way too negative. I do try to keep things happy and positive and optimistic most of the time, but again, most of the time, I fail. Thus the negativity. Maybe a product of cynicism?
My point is that I have recently discovered (or decided) that half the time when asked about things I spin things negatively. I complain about what's wrong, I focus on what I don't like, and while there probably are a lot of things that I do like, I don't often talk about them.
But I don't apologize for any of that, and I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that that's not going to change, and at any rate, it gives me something to blog about when things get kind of dry. But anyways, that aside. The only reason I bring it up is because I was having a conversation with an old high school friend on the GO train this morning, and I became quite aware of my negativity -- because this person doesn't really know me anymore, and I probably came off as a bit of a pessimist. Whatever.
Anyways. So I did some recruiting for ABC Consulting on monday. Went over to a university which is so not as good as good old UofT (fit it just fine, though, most students thought I was a graduate of not-UT). It was so much fun. Let me tell you, I totally empathise with everyone who's going through the job search thing right now. I don't like that process: the sweaty phone calls and interviews, the revisions of the resume, the find-and-replace strategy for cover letters. Overall not fun. But let me tell you, from this side of things, recruitment is AWESOME. You get to meet all sorts of people (a smattering of great candidates and...not as great ones) some of which are awesome, and some of which are kind of weird. The socially awkward, the super friendly, the BSers. But you know, the best part for me was that I had to talk about all the great things about my company. And it was a nice reminder of all the things I do like about my job, about the work environment and about the company. I left feeling really good. Even though the three hour drive back (not to mention there) was freaking long.
I'm looking forward to next week because the info session at my alma mater is then. I'll (hopefully) get to see people that I haven't seen since before they left for PEY, meet some new people, and basically, enjoy recruitment from the point of view of the recruiters. I'm looking forward to it. Definitely will be some blogging on that.
I'm trying to blog more. For the last week, anyways, it seems to be working. Keep your fingers crossed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home