Leaving on a Jet Plane
None of my bags are packed but I'm ready to go
My stuff is strewn upon my floor
I'd hate to leave it off without goodbye
In a day I'm leaving in early morn
And though I'll miss much, I'm not forlorn
Already so excited I could die
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane...
So I guess I've been pretty quiet for the last couple of weeks, and I apologize for that, but there's been a lot of stuff and goings on and getting ready for the China trip which starts in the wee hours of Thursday morning, for which I'm super excited. So I thought I'd do a quick sum up of the last two weeks and mention again how excited I am about going to China.
(1) The Waxing Party
Last last weekend, the girls and I got together and had a waxing party. That's right. We waxed our legs for the first time, and all together, in Emily's basement. To varying degrees of success, mind you, but that was part of the fun. Yeah, even Mabel was there. HA. It was great. We took a trip over to Shopper's and bought the waxing kit, went to Dufflet (finally!) and bought not one, but two cakes (one of which had "Happy Waxing" written in icing on it -- pictures in the near future hopefully, or perhaps care of Peggy or Emily), and grabbed pizza and wings from the supermarket. All in all a fun day out (or in?) which was capped with the funness of ripping out our leg hairs in tandem. Smooth smooth legs. With minimal (though no absent) pain. Will do again in future.
(2) Megan's Walk
Just like last year, I did Megan's Walk with my family on mother's day. It was fun, though hugely windy and kind of cold, so the 5km walk seemed a lot longer, although it wasn't unenjoyable. We did (in typically my-family-style) get there really late, so we were the very last people to start the walk, just like last year, but hey, what are you going to do? That's just the fun of being my family. Good times.
(3) The Package
Got a huge package from my place of employment last week. I was all excited, thinking it was another gift basket. Boy was I wrong. It was a package containing four books and one binder, which consist of reading and homework which must be completed before I start in July. On the upside, looks like I'll be training in Boston. Cool stuff.
Okay, I'm about out of time. I'm leaving for China tomorrow...so I guess there won't be much blogging in the future, seeing as I won't have access to Blogger. But be sure to check back at the beginning of July...I'll be back with a vengeance (and pictures and commentary) then.
Take care, all, and enjoy the beginnings of summer.
Out for now.


1 Comments:
Ahhh..heretic =] You're awesome...
Post a Comment
<< Home