Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

FRIG.

From every request I cannot back down
And thus it may come to a smack down
I just can't help it but I have the urge
To beat up and scream and yell at ---j.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
*sigh*
*breathe deeply*
*compose myself*
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Frig, thesis is driving me nuts. So here's the basic road map of what's been the last five weeks.

-Five weeks ago: Finished the last of my analysis. Feeling good.
-Four weeks ago: Wrote outline of thesis. Feeling good.
-Three weeks ago: Wrote detailed outline of thesis. Feeling good.
-Two weeks ago: Gathered all references, read the ones I'd missed. Feeling good.
-One week ago: Started writing thesis. Feeling great.
-Today: Ready to kill something or someone.

Turns out that I need to look at something that we had totally already dismissed before (apparently when they told me that I didn't have to study anything higher than 70 Hz, they didn't really mean that I could ignore the 200Hz to 400 Hz band. Go figure), and I have to re run all of my data. Frig. Less than two weeks before it's due, not only do I need to rerun everything, but I have to write more code to make this new stuff work, read more articles to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with new analysis, keep myself from going positively inSANE, refrain from eating chocolate even though I feel like crap, AND still have time to go to the bathroom.

(Speaking of which, I was up late working on thesis last night...and so worried about getting it done for my meeting tomorrow that I held my pee for an hour. Don't ask. Just that busy. You'll be happy to know that I did eventually get to the toilet and I made it in time.)

Today, I've be vigilant, hard-working, tireless, and just a little crazy, trying to meet my 1pm deadline tomorrow. Except that I got a call about 5 minutes ago. Apparently, the meeting has been moved to TUESDAY and there's something else they want me to do.

ANALYSE YOUR OWN ASSES, BITCHES. That's right. I stood up for myself. I said NO, forget it, I'm not doing any more, and my computer is going to crash multiple times if you want me to do that within 48 hours. That's it, I'm done. I will finish this, and that's it.

Only now, I don't need to freaking rush any more because I've got an extra day. WHY IS ACADEMIA SO UNFAIR? It's like they want us to hate them.

Join in now..."I hate {enter name of professor of choice here -- for my choise, please see rhyme above}."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home