Officially sappy (thanks for 2004-2005)
Our penultimate year has drawn to a close
And after the bustle, I've found some repose
To think and reflect on this year that's gone by
On things that have happened, both right and awry
The good and the great, the bad and the worse
The people who've turned my life all inverse.
So it's finally happened. That thing we've all be bleary- and teary-eyed about for the past month or so, whispering quietly to each other in corners: OT6 has finished its third year and is being split up. To be honest, I'm really going to miss all of you who go on PEY. So much has changed this year, and things next year promise to be different. Not necessarily better or worse, but different.
So I'd like to take the time to post a really long blogination thanking some of the people who have helped to make this year what it eventually became in the end. I'm sorry if I miss anyone, but I've targeted this mostly at people who have confirmed that they read my blog...so if I've missed out on anyone, please don't be upset, just take it as a sign that you should comment on my blog more :) Warning! Long post follows...
Emily: This girl comes first because she is the first person I see in the morning, and the last person I see most nights before going to sleep. You are the best roommate anyone could ask for, and I have had a veritable blast living with you. No one could possibly do a better job at helping me to procrastinate as we sat on a (dusty) kitchen floor talking for two hours at a time.
Peggy: My Biomed partner in crime. We've sat through the taunts and the constant reminders that we're not as smart as everyone else just because we're in biomed. And you have taken every bump in the road this year with grace and poise, and still managed to be the most positive and optimistic force in my day-to-day.
Mabel: Things this year have changed, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I know that I've said that I hate change but it's a part of life, and if it weren't for change, you, my friend, would not have the derivative. But while some things have changed, some things are exactly the same as they were when we first became friends about two years ago. In many ways, you're a rock.
Raymond: I've watched as you've grown up this year, from being my big sister to being my big sister who shows more maturity each day. You may not have seen it, but you have become somewhat of a moral centre for me, and your advice and anecdotes help me to both laugh and ponder the bigger things in life. Sometimes at the same time.
Andy: Thank you for taking the time to talk with me and challenge my theological and philosophical views. I've come to get to know you better this year, and I've had the honour of watching you develop from a old Andy to an older-but-wiser Andy. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to talk with you so that I can call you a friend in your own right, rather than just someone's roommate. And keep on questioning, Andy.
Chiachi: My answer on the Shaq question hasn't changed. And the gunpoint thing would ONLY happen if your girlfriend had a gun to her head. Your questions have made me laugh uncontrollably and really lightened my days. Thanks for making this year a little more fun, and keep the hypothetical situation questions rolling.
Chris: I didn't know much of you before, but I'd heard stories from a certain high school mate of yours. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that you were as funny and as kooky as she made you out to be. I'm sorry we only started talking this year, but with all your time on PEY, I expect twice the number of msn messages from you. And remember, I've got your back any time someone insults you blog-style.
Tony: All I remember of you from before this year was some kid about whom people were confused -- "so...is that guy brown or black?" Tony, your stories have made me laugh, guffaw and gasp. You're a great guy and I look forward to future conversations and blog bashing with you.
Dave Stefou: Okay, no one, NO ONE knows how to help me procrastinate like Dave. Your lightning fast reflexes in messaging me on msn within 4.6 milliseconds of my signing in are worthy of high praise. You're a lot of fun, and all those conversations that we've had have given me the chance to get to know you. Maybe stay away from the drink and we'll be fine ;)
Andrew Wang: What to say about you, Andrew? I think everyone knows the story of you and I. You're a tonne of fun to be around, and I have a blast shooting the shit with you (read: making fun of you while you try to sputter a response). I respect your honesty, your intelligence, your social attitude, and the fact that you can take a joke better than anyone I know.
Jen: You have been there since I was a wee child of about 5 years old. Since then, both the world and we have changed dramatically. Thank you for your extreme honesty with me. I don't know anyone who has been more honest with me over coffee and cake. The last 16 years have been great, and let's look forward to another 16+ more...
Andrew Curtis: I know that we have drifted somewhat this year due to my lack of keeping-up-with-others skills. But I'm glad that when we do talk, it feels like no time has passed, and almost as if we had gone to the same schools all along. I'm glad that you're finding direction in your life and am proud of you for where you've gone. Looking forward to many more coffees, and getting kicked out of Timothy's to end up at Timmy's.
Pier: I've really only spoken to you a few times and only in the past couple of months. I haven't had the opportunity to really get to know you but I hope that I do. I'd like to extend a big welcome to you and hope that next year, the lines of communication really open up.
And finally...
John: I've left you for last because I don't know what I can say about you that you don't already know. The last year and half and some have been amazing and all the crap that I've put up with in school has been worth it just so that I could meet you. So many of the changes that I've seen in myself over the last year have been due to you and your constant support. Thank you for being my umbrella.
That's it. Third year...out.


2 Comments:
awwwwwwwwww. awww.
wtf?! KOOKY?! of all the stories to hear from mabel about me at st. fob's, you gather that i am KOOKY?!
Post a Comment
<< Home