Why I became an engineer
For dem of you dat know my cultcha
Me tink it right dat I insultchya
You cyan't do nutin and don't know ganja
You know who rhaatid -- juss me -- I gone, chuh.

Maybe that sucked, but I was trying to rhyme in patois. Just know I did my best. And I'm sorry it sucked and made little sense. Anyways, I came across this funny kinder surprise picture care of my dad, and it reminded me of the fact that I wanted to be an engineer because I wanted to design the kinder surprise toys that come inside the eggs. Some are quite ingenious (same root word as "engineer," "genious," "engine," etc, etc), but this is the funniest.
And for the record, I don't know ganja. But I'd like to say that I love hearing my grandmother say that word in her Chinese/Jamaican accent. It's the best thing ever.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home