Sore day? SorBET!
In these recent days of unbearable heat
It serves not to have hot things to masticate;
So kick up your heels and enjoy a cold sweet
In this journey as I myself domesticate
I wanted to post a picture of my latest (and recently, ONLY) success. I was bored and it was hot and we had no ice cream in the fridge. There was, however, a nice Italian recipe book I recently inherited from a certain someone, perhaps a slight jab at my cooking. Whatever. Anyways, I was flipping through and found a recipe for coffee gelato, and then one for raspberry sorbet. 'Mmm,' I thought to myself, that gelato looks good, and coffee? That's like two birds with one stone. Unfortunately, I was lacking in the cream department and had to settle for sorbet. Unfortunately part deux, I was also lacking in the raspberry department. But I did have mango. What followed was an 8 hour adventure of making mango sorbet, which is easy to start (and easier to eat) but having to go to the freezer every thirty minutes to stir the sorbet to prevent it from icing up was a bit of a hassle. In the end it tasted GREAT, and I'm pretty sure it was healthy. It had fresh mangoes in it, man, it had to be healthy. Other than the mass amounts of sugar. But whatever. Healthy is whatever you make of it and I'm positive this was healthy. I wanted to post a picture of my creation (and it really did taste better than it looked...I'm working on presentation) but I ate it all. Yup, that's right, I ate it ALL.
Summer implies that any food with fruit is healthy and therefore you can eat as much of it as you want at one sitting because of the healthiness. So, we should all sit down and eat lots of sorbet (or ice cream...that's really all just milk, which is good for you), as much as you want, because in the end, I'm just looking out for our health.
Note that if you have a bad day, the less healthy you think a food is, the more healthy it actually is.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home