Why my tongue is burning
Friday night a perfect date
Get no ideas: I'll set it straight.
Okay, haha, yes everyone very funny. John and I went out last night for a night on the town, and ended the night with burning tongues, but quickly...it was because of the hot Thai food, so don't go getting any ideas. There's no funny business here.
So...it was great. I had been complaining that we never go out anymore and that we never do anything except stay in and watch a downloaded movie or anime episode and that we must be really boring. John reassured me and said that no, no, we're not boring at all, and not to worry about it, but at any rate, if I wanted a night out, a night out I'd get. So, not only did we go to see a movie...it was a dinner and a movie kind of night. I've never had that before. It was nice.
Started out seeing Kingdom of Heaven with Orlando Bloom (who, incidentally, is looking more like Viggo Mortenson these days) and it was good...entertaining...but I think I'll save my critique for a later blog. Followed up with dinner at Thai Princess.
This is a restaurant on King St, just east of Spadina, and doesn't look like much from the outside. However...it's got the best damn Thai curry on the planet. I had green chicken curry, and China, true to his roots, had the red beef curry. Unfortunately, I had started my meal off with Hot and Sour soup, which turned out to be a misnomer. It probably should have been called Fire and Hell soup because the thing was so damned hot that I couldn't finish it. And I'm pretty good with the hot stuff...but anyways, having already burned a small indentation into my tongue by way of said soup, moving on to the salad seemed like a good idea. But the vinaigrette was spicy. Right. On to the spring roll. Filled with some spicy paste. Really good, but hot. And then comes the curry chicken. By that time, I'd already finished a glass of water, and was struggling to eat (and enjoy) the curry. It was so good, but let me tell you, my tongue was fatigued of the spicy and by now, my nose was running. John is sitting across from me, sweating like a horse. Oh, it was so funny, the curry was so good but we were both dying. China kept wiping his forehead on his napkin (which he made me touch at the end of the meal) and when we left, the napkin was literally soaking. Nasty.
But funny, and the best Thai experience I've ever had.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home