Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Day 3? Day off.

Puttering around, and I got up late today
Nothing much to do, and I like it well that way

Today I had a day off from the lab, which I guess was nice. My grad student told me yesterday that she wouldn't be in today, so I didn't have to show up. And considering, there's really not anything for me to do yet, I decided to take full advantage and sleep in and laze around for the day.

Which leads me to my argument for laziness. I know that I complain about sloth a lot, but you know, I'm starting to thing it really has its merits.

When you're lazy:
(1) You're happy.
(2) No one tells you what to do. And if they do, you just ignore them.
(3) You can eat as much as you want. And it can be bad-for-you foods.
(4) You can eat pizza for breakfast.
(5) It's cheap. No transportation costs.
(6) You feel a sense of accomplishment. I've just lived an entire day and done NOTHING. That's skill.

So I'd like to apologize to every lazy person who I've ever scolded. I think it's safe to say that I now understand.

And...my buddy Andrew has finally started a blog, which everyone should check out (link on side panel). Andrew and I have been friends since...mathing...uh...I guess since grade 6. He goes to Mac and loves physics. Mabel, I think he'd put you to shame with the love of physics/geek thing. So Andrew, welcome to the blog world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home