Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Monday, May 09, 2005

For all the BoA fans

I love the upbeat world of K-pop
And all its korenglish lyrics
It's just so fun and worry free
And brightens up my spirits

I dedicate today to the wonderful world of korean pop. I do like the stuff, even though I have no idea what the heck any of them are singing about except for the odd English phrase here and there. Ever wonder why they even do that? Why English is mixed up in the Korean? Sounds weird, but whatever, I like it.

Anyways K-pop is just great because it's so much fun. The dancing is better than anything Britney could come up with, and the music videos are just so ridiculous that you want to watch them over and over and over again (except for the stupid Kiss video...).

And all kidding aside, as much as I love to hate the Kiss video, I only liked it in that it was a good story. A very long stupid story, but I appreciate music videos that actually have a story to tell rather than just watching a person lip sync. And it's a must-see if only to be able to talk about it. Bug Emily if you want to know where to get that video.

But back to BoA. I am a huge fan of Amazing Kiss because it's really cute and catchy and has great dancing. But it's in Korean and I have no idea what it's about, other than presumably, an amazing kiss. But then, a couple of days ago, I discovered that BoA has recorded an ENGLISH VERSION of this song. It's really funny because she has a very thick accent, but the song is good just the same. Download it if you like BoA (ahem...Ray).

Yay for K-pop!

4 Comments:

At May 09, 2005 4:59 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Oh jeez... what have you done Sarah. If I spend the rest of the night listening to k-pop, i'm blaming this 100% on YOU.

 
At May 09, 2005 11:33 PM, Blogger Em said...

Hey man, that Kiss video ROCKS! It's a music video, it doesn't HAVE to perfectly plausible. It was sweet and sad and it wasted a LOT of my time that first month I discovered it.

OHOHOH! I just remember I was supposed to blog about BSB! Crap! ...Next time.

 
At May 09, 2005 11:38 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

oh...i have the english one.

I have it live, and in TWO concerts.
and of course the music video.
of the english, the korean AND the japanese.

BoA ftw! (for the win)
w00t

tsk tsk...Brother, did you think I would NOT have it?

 
At May 11, 2005 12:06 AM, Blogger tarsaye said...

What does "ftw" mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home