Neonates and exam time
Babies are cute and oh, what a meeting
Although I'm enthused, this feeling is fleeting
I thought I'd make a quick little update, share a few random thoughts so that I could procrastinate a little more.
Last week in ASCM was probably the best ASCM session I've ever had, mostly because I got to play with babies. Like, babies. Like, newborns. Like, 12 hours old. It was awesome. I don't think that this really changes anything, because I still am not a huge baby and child fan (as in, I don't think I could work with them, day in and day out, and even worse, work with their annoying parents), but playing with babies (I mean...learning the neonate physical exam...) was awesome. The babies were so new that they hadn't even had a bath yet, and had crusty blood on their heads and pooped meconium at me. It was...strangely...cute. Maybe it's the vestiges of a well-hidden maternal instinct in me that thinks poo is cute. Not sure.
Anyways, it was great.
I'm also really enjoying two albums right now:
(1) William Fitzsimmons: The Sparrow and the Crow
(2) The Stills: Without Feathers
Additional random thought: trying to decide whether or not to open the blog back up publicly again. I've stopped ranting childishly and in an angry fashion...I don't think anything I've written is particularly contentious or has the potential for career-harming...maybe? And at any rate, it's a delisted blog which can't be searched; however, I think I like my privacy. Except for the fact that I get far fewer comments on my posts since I securitized it up. Will continue to ponder as I memorize the pediatric immunization schedule.
Labels: School


4 Comments:
I'll be honest.
I hate having to log in to read this thing every time.
BUT. In general, I think I might have gotten lazier with reading blogs. Period.
but I doubt this latter point.
I will stick with the former.
PS. HALLO!
i'm back!! i thought that your blog posts would still show up in my RSS reader, but apparently that loophole was closed. but now that i know that, i'm back reading the online version.
relatedly, if anyone knows how to get google reader to read sarah's blog (since i'm a registered reader), please help me.
hmm ... after slightly more research i think that blogger doesn't publish feeds for private posts, which makes sense because i don't think you can stop unauthorized people from reading your posts if you do (see: xanga). so i'll continue to log in.
Why not do a trial period for a while, say 2 months and see what happens. You can always go back to "Private".
Post a Comment
<< Home