Oh gee...give it up for OG
Releasing each part of my innermost muse
To defend, to defy, it's all part of the ruse
For in it, I find it, such great satisfaction
To hear it and cling to their wondrous reaction
The Orbital Groove Halloween show was on Monday night, and I'm still struggling to catch up with school, summer research responsibilities, my community health research project, my proposal for next year's summer research, and my personal life. OG has been quite a ride so far, and much much improved from last year, now that I'm in charge.
(It's freaking awesome being at the helm.) Our show went so well, and I had a super great time, and our band got along amazingly, and people loved us, and I loved us, and it was awesome, and our costumes were great. I went as Jennifer Beals from Flashdance...a bit of a cop-out, cheap costume, but oh well, not so much into the dressing up, but if need be...there you go. And it was great. Tonnes of people showed up to show their support, and I'm so amazing grateful for that: John, Emily, people from school, people from MDHS, my cousin...it's great to see that sort of support from people, and I'm so thankful to you all for coming out to see me, and support Bloorview Kids Rehab, too.
Emily even drank beer!
One of the best things about OG is that I can pick a lot of the songs -- and I've been dying to do a cover of the U2/Mary J Blige version of One since last year (but was never allowed to). So this year, I finally got to, and I think it was a big hit. It got called as the encore song (not by me...but by the rest of OG which, in itself, was a huge compliment), and all that aside, I really enjoy singing that song. It went over pretty well at the show too: although I have to say, I was probably off key quite a bit, since I couldn't hear myself, it still sounds okay. And...since I happen to have a sound file ripped from a video of it, and I've been getting requests, I thought I'd post it here.
Click here for to hear my performance of One.
So...enjoy, but please don't judge too much, I know I act like a rock star, but I think you kind of have to...so...yeah...and please ignore the offkey parts too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home