Week From Hell
I'd like a little sympathy
So this concept I'll sell;
Things ain't going well for me
In this good week from hell.
I need a bitch-fest.
Not the kind where girls sit around drinking daquiris and complaining about their love lives.
Not the kind where engscis sit around drinking coffee complaining about their schoolwork lives.
Not the kind where students sit around drinking free, provided-by-my-ancillary-fees Everfresh juice complaining about the university administration.
And definitely not the kind where friends and foes and fakes sit around drinking in my sorrow, complaining that I'm not taking their unasked-for advice.
In short, I need a blog-worthy bitchfest, written solely by yours truly. It's a good thing I have a blog.
So anyways...aside from the fact that this week is damnass busy and that things don't seem to be working out the way that they are supposed to be and I haven't had a full night's sleep in, well, I honestly can't remember when, I'd just like to say that this sucks.
I hate that I feel like there isn't anyone gunning for me. There's no one to stick up for me against the big bad guys. And while I realize that this is partially my own fault for being self-reliant, independent, and mostly unwilling to let anyone go gunning for me, it still is crap.
Which brings me to the real point of this blog. I figure that instead of complaining about how bad everything is, I would take this time to acknowledge the fact that there are a few really good things going on, all of which are helping me get through this week from hell.
The first being a few good friends. You know who you are and I just wanted to thank you for your time on Saturday, which was a little rough. Thanks for keeping your mouths shut when I asked you, and thanks for giving me support when I didn't ask for it.
The second being a few good things to look forward to in the coming days. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my brothers and parents at the Science Centre this weekend, and hopefully there's also some good food in it for me too...
:)
The third being me. But included in this one has to be the web of encouragement and the support system that somehow self-assembled faster than any collagen super helix. The only reason I can have the strength to get through stress and disappointment and sleep deprivation is because of the support that I receive from all of my family, friends, and caring acquaintances.
You do not go unnoticed and I hope that I can return the favour to all of you when you are down and out. Thank you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home