Busy Busy Bumblebee
A little less than one year passed
And here I am, deep breath at last
Then to my withering surprise
I found out I'd believed in LIES
So I found out some very...disheartening...information this week. Remember the "Bumblebee" anyone? Yeah...that teacher/professor/idiot that I had to deal with all last year, telling me to mind my power verbs and keep things cohesive and what not...yeah her. The one who knows all about engineering. The one who knows even more about biomedical engineering. The one who is "no stranger" to biomedical devices. The one who commented on my paper: "Wait--I don't get it. You mention 'oscillations' and 'frequency' in the same sentence. I don't see how those two words are related."
Yeah, her.
I remember thinking at the end of last year, after the final paper in that awful 300 level course had been handed in, that I would never have to deal with that idiot again. EVER. And I was right. I love being right.
Only so much as that I was completely wrong. Because as it just so happens, we have to have our cases looked over by the so-called specialists for one of my classes. Anyways, each group in the class was assigned a writing specialist, employed by our wonderful university. And for that, I was glad, because for the most part I have nothing but the utmost respect for the writing people.
Except for her.
And what was my luck? I won the damn lottery, because my group (which includes Peggy, also a veteran) was assigned the Bumblebee. Now we have to deal with her. AGAIN.
Have I ever mentioned I dislike Bush? It's because he's from TEXAS. Ahem. Common roots, boys and girls, common roots.
More on this later...probably in complaint form...once we've met with her.


1 Comments:
You mean if she ever gets back to us about a meeting time............?!
blegh.
Post a Comment
<< Home