Bury me in Barrie!
A world away yet not so far
This "relaxation" seems bizarre
A word of wisdom I'll put forth:
Go and take a trip up North
Sorry for the brief hiatus but things have been rather crazy here. Luckily, the MCAT is on Saturday (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it) so my misery will at long last be over (or at least until Sept. 7). Anyways, this was a really hectic weekend, but let me tell you that the highlight was definitely my trip up north of Barrie.
Friday was Emily's suprise party which was almost ruined by one of the UTSers (grr...) and her penchant for large birthday bashes (having invited the entire dragonboat team to her decoy party). But it went off with only a few hitches, and in all, was pretty good. Sunday was Raymond/Garway's super sneaky surprise party in which I threw not one but THREE waterballoons at Raymond...and all of them missed. I'm not good with ball sports, and lack all techniques learned in them, hence, my suckiness with the water balloons. But...I DID manage to smash one on the ground in front of him, soaking his shoes. Right on...so that party was actually a lot of fun (oh yeah, put together and hosted by Andy) because the people there were awesome. CCF people have got to be the friendliest people on the planet and I absolutely adore Andy/Raymond/Garway's high school friends. My team won Cranium. Just thought I'd say.
But like I said, the highlight was my trip to Horseshoe Resort. First off, I got home on Friday night around 1:30 am (FRIGGIN 401 CONSTRUCTION AND CLOSED ON RAMPS BETWEEN BAYVIEW AND ALLEN...and me zigzagging up every major north/south road looking for a stupid open ramp...then the closed-lanes-except-for-one-Express-lane between Weston and Dixon roads...dammit...) so I went to bed thinking I could get up, write some practice mcat stuff, pick my brother up at work at noon, and up to barrie we'd go.
But NOOOO. I forgot that the world is out to get me, and my brother calls me (waking me from my beauty rest) at 7:30 am. "I missed my bus. You have to drive me to work. I'll walk home from the bus station while you get up." Wait...doesn't he start work at 7:30? Right. Gotta go NOW.
GRAAAAA.
So I did, being the amazing big sister I am. So...1.5 hours later, I return home, and I'm tired as hell, I end up wasting the next three hours and just go get him. More traffic and more traffic later, we arrive at the resort around 2pm where my family's been since thursday.
And here's where the fun begins. This area is mountain bike central. It was awesome. We used to mountain bike on the escarpment and you can really tell I haven't done it in a long time...couldn't keep up with my dad or my brother, but it was so fun. The hills were so steep, and the paths were well worn (read: loose dirt) so it was scarily fun, but a good thrill. Top up the mountain biking with a short read by the pool, playing in a playground, and then watching a movie...and that was my fun relaxing (portion of my) weekend.
It's good to get away for even a few hours and just get the mind off things...now if only I could do this getaway thing during the school year.
Speaking of which...I hate our university...course selection was this morning.


2 Comments:
good luck on the MCAT.
and the world is not out to get you. it is too busy trying to get me.
Then thank goodness for your existence, chris
Post a Comment
<< Home