Speaking of golf...
I wasn't gonna talk of this, or bring to your attention
The self-indulgence I've been doing in what's become my bane
A massive outflux of my skills as I attempt retention:
I've not improved yet pass free time at local crawling domain!
First off, thanks to Andy for that witty little reversism. Crawling domain. Crawling -> Driving, domain -> range. Haha.
Two events that happened about two weeks ago shaped the course of the rest of my summer. The first was that my mom was invited to a client appreciation golf tournament. The second was that I was invited to go to the driving range with Andy and Dave, as previously blogged. Anyways, I ended up going twice that day, once with my mom, once with the guys, and decided that I actually liked it. Now I've been going every weekend and even once during the week, purchased my first "frequent flyer" card for discounted buckets of balls, and yet, have not improved at all.
I've hit more balls in the past week that cumulatively in my entire life. Hm, that sounded funny.
Granted, my "drive" has gotten longer (it used to be a pitiful 25 yd thing), and I've finally broken 100, but I seem to have developed an unfortunate wicked slice of a thing. It's quite funny to watch, actually. I'll line up straight -- thwack! -- and there it goes, careening out to the right at a massive 25 degree angle. Makes one wonder how far it'd go if I could only send it straight. Whatever, I'm having a lot of fun.
It's great too, because it seems to be quite popular with the people in both of my labs...always something to talk about, and it seems that I am now being made fun of by denizens of both labs for my sudden interest in golf...ahem...not so much golf as driving range.
But man, I think I need lessons. See you at the range...


1 Comments:
You too, Dave.
Post a Comment
<< Home