Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Coffee Wars

The stars ain't mine, at birth unlucked
With chance, you bet, I'm always f-, uh, stuck
Forgive me here for sounding crass
But Coffee Time can kiss my ass.

I'm starting to see why Chris Joe hates Coffee Time. Because they royally screwed with me today. Okay the background for anyone who doesn't know (or hasn't yet realized) is that I have terrible luck. It's worth a blog on it's own, seriously. Just to set the scene, some examples:
  1. Bell Mobility charged me more than $120 each month for six straight months starting in August 2004. They kept making the same mistake, month after month after month even though I kept calling their damned customer "service" to fix it. One call included a woman who kept telling me "honey, you ain't hearin' wha' I'm sayin', they ain't nothin' wrong wit' yo' bill." Six months.
  2. In the last 12 months, the Mississauga library has claimed that I did not return a total of 5 items on three separate occasions, all of which I returned on time, before the due date.
  3. In the last 12 months, the both Gerstein and Robarts have claimed that I did not return books, both of which I returned on time, before the due date.
  4. In June, Gerstein claimed that I had a book overdue...which I had not taken out. For some reason, it was a book on neuroscience -- the same topic for which I did have other books checked out.
  5. In April, TD said I lost my student status (???) and were converting my account from a Student account to a Value account. I had 30 days to reverse this decision if I showed proof of studentship. I did, going into a branch and sorting it out for 45 minutes. My account was converted anyways, 29 days later.
  6. In March when Emily and I decided not to continue our lease, I wrote management a letter to end our lease in 60 days (i.e. end of April). They said our lease wouldn't let us because it didn't say that we could terminate in April. My copy did. Theirs conveniently did not.
  7. I have never won at a casino. In fact, I don't think I've ever won anything.
  8. During the Pepsi iPod contest I spent every waking hour collecting PINs to enter. I picked a Monday morning at 5 am to enter all 335 PINs I had saved up thinking this was an ideal day and time. I feverishly entered all. I don't have an iPod.
Anyways, you get the gist. And now I have an item number 9 to add, from today. So...in the two months I've been working downtown I have never bought a coffee. Feeling poor from the not getting paid real money thing, I don't buy coffee, I bring from home. NEVER BUY COFFEE. But today I had a big animal training session and I was really tired and I needed a coffee...figuring I'd celebrate because my meagre-looking grant came through, I figured I could afford a coffee this time, and heck, let's go all the way, forget Tim Hortons I'm buying Second Cup. Which I did. Enjoying my coffee and morning walk from Union to the hospital I walk by some balloons on Adelaide. Turns out it's the grand opening of Coffee Time and they're giving out free coffee all day. I look down at the coffee in my hand, I sigh and keep walking.

I have no luck at all. What the hell are the odds. What's next? Am I going to get struck by lightening? Knock on wood.

5 Comments:

At July 08, 2005 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is some bad luck...but i can't see why you're blaming coffee time. if we want to hate on coffee time, let's just do it because their coffee sucks, we don't need another reason.

 
At July 08, 2005 10:33 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

that's pretty funny.

look on the bright side... i'm sure your second cup coffee would have tasted a hell of a lot better than the sewage water that coffee time is giving out.

 
At July 08, 2005 11:35 PM, Blogger tarsaye said...

I'm sure it does taste better. But I'm still going to hate coffee time because of their bad timing and my own damned luck because of its...badness of luck.

Thanks for the silver lining thought peggy...sigh...

 
At July 12, 2005 8:24 PM, Blogger starfire said...

wow, and i thought chris had bad luck. i'm sure this will console him, lol.
incredible.

hopefully, years down the road, you'll win the lottery 3 times in a row ;) (and it will be a good lottery)

 
At July 12, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger chris said...

haha, yeah that did console me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home