Sideways Perspectives and Other Observances

It's so all about just having adventures.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Fly That Drove Me Insane

Bzz-ing bzz-ing, sound infernal
But seeing nothing -- sound internal?
Then flies by -- it's not in my head
Wide awake and lying in bed

I was settling down last night around 11:30 to watch some "tv" (downloaded stuff on my computer), as is my nightly custom. I always watch a show or two, then read a little, then go to sleep. Except that I kept on hearing this annoying buzzing sound. At first I was a little afraid because I'm deathly scared of bees, but coming to my senses I realized that there couldn't be a bee in my room...that's just stupid. Okay fine.

Whoosh! And there it goes, a little black body zooming by my right ear. Nasty, it's a fly. So I shut the door and attempt to be Super Fly Catcher, rolling up a stack of scrap paper to act as a swatter. The little bugger was fast. In three swats all I managed to do was take off of couple of its legs before it disappeared. Imagine that: me, slightly crouched in the middle of my room, ears perked and eyes bright, listening and looking intently for this vermin.

After about 15 minutes of hearing and seeing nothing, I looked, and the nasty piece of crap is sitting on my bed. Fine. If I can't swat it, then maybe I can catch it. So carefuly, I grab a tissue, sidle up beside the thing and throw the tissue on top and make a sort of container, trapping it in. Being the Super Fly Catcher I am, I ran to the toiler and threw the bug in. Ran back to my room, and shut the door.

Having wasted about 30 mins running around my room looking like a fool, I was too tired to watch anything so I turned off my computer and nestled into my bed to read. I'd been reading for about 15 minutes when zoom! a tiny black body flies by my left ear. Dammit.

Fly number 2. Never did catch this one...but I had trouble falling asleep because of the damned buzzing...

I hate flies.

1 Comments:

At June 26, 2005 11:43 PM, Blogger Graymond said...

hey...that's like the fly that was in my place.

I smacked it a few times midair...but that merely stunned it for a time until it regained strength to fly around some more.

I finally stunned it to the ground, and FINISHED IT OFF! (+10% critical strike)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home